IceBr8kr – Find new friends and “just say hello”
Like the interface, its goal is simple: socializing social media in a 100 yard radius to find new friendships. Skip the awkwardness. Real interaction in real time from your phone.
The genesis for this idea is that most social media is not really “social.” One afternoon, Jay Phalora, after being bored himself, checked his social media streams to find the following update of another user: “I’m bored what’s going on tonight?” With his brother Neal, they rounded up their heads and brainstormed on a way that people could still use technology, but have more real human connection. This became the internal mission statement for IceBr8kr to provide people with that real, human connection that is so important to our world.
The two formed Seismic Vision LLC, and with 2 years of hard work, produced IceBr8kr. Much time and engineering was spent to put in place “comfort features” to provide a platform to meet others. The app has been well received by a set of University students at their alma mater Anderson University in Anderson, IN. They have also filmed four lifestyle shorts that demonstrate how IceBr8kr can be used in everyday life.
• Be in contact with real people out in the real world and meet that new someone you always wondered about. Find out who that intriguing person is standing in front of you right now without fear of embarrassment!
• No need to have friends on the app to reap the benefits of IceBr8kr. Sign up and start IceBr8king right away!
• Meet new people within 100 yards of yourself that you’d otherwise never approach, or explore the map and move to new locations to engage more users.
• You control who you want to meet and which conversations you respond to or ignore.
• "Break the Ice" while you control when and where your location is displayed.
• Didn’t get to finish that conversation with that new friend? Don’t worry, you’ll be notified if you are ever in the same shared 100 yard radius again!
In the Mission statement video, the speaker reflects that “Life is measured by the quality of our friendships…”. We are focused on products/apps that enhance that quality. IceBr8kr is meant to move us from our screens and help find those friendships to lead a richer, fuller life. This can be done by using the comfort of your phone to skip the awkwardness and “Just Say Hello.”
IceBr8kr is available in both Apple Store and Google Play.
For additional information: email@example.com